Tips for Subject Searches
Type the words of your topic in the Search box.
- Be as specific as possible. A search for United States History will bring up too many records.
- Use many words to narrowly define your search.
- Leave the radio button next to Keyword Search selected.
Select words or phrase from the drop-down menu to the right of the search box.
- It may be tempting to click on Subject, but you should only do this if you are certain of the terms used in the official Library of Congress Subject Headings.
- Click on the Search button.
- This search will bring you to a list of titles with those words anywhere in their record.