All GCLS Branch Libraries will be closed on Monday, September 4. They will be open their normally scheduled hours on Tuesday, September 5.
Thursday, August 24 at 7:00 pm - Thomas King, a heart health specialist with Kennedy Health System, will discuss the best practices and simple life changes we can make to live a long life, especially when coming home after experiencing heart failure.
The Gloucester County Library System is offering free programs at all 5 GCLS branch libraries to help assist job seekers.
Basics of Job Searching
Learn about modern job search techniques, including how to navigate job search websites and how to submit online job applications.
- Mullica Hill Branch Monday, August 14 at 6:30pm
- Glassboro Branch Monday, September 18 at 6:30pm
- Greenwich Branch Tuesday, August 15 at 10:30am
- Logan Branch Thursday, August 10 at 6:30pm
- Swedesboro Branch Monday, August 21 at 10:30am
The Modern Resume
Update and retool your resume for the 2017 job market. Learn the different aspects of resumes. Examples of resumes for specific career fields will be provided.
- Mullica Hill Branch Monday, October 2 at 6:30pm
- Glassboro Branch Monday, September 25 at 6:30pm
- Greenwich Branch Monday, August 28 at 6:30pm
- Logan Branch Wednesday, August 23 at 10:30am
- Swedesboro Branch Thursday, August 31 at 1pm
Get interviewing tips, examples of questions, and the chance to practice for phone and in-person job interviews.
- Mullica Hill Branch Wednesday, September 13 at 10:30am
- Glassboro Branch Tuesday, October 3 at 6:30pm
- Greenwich Branch Friday, September 15 at 10:30am
- Logan Branch Tuesday, September 5 at 10:30am
- Swedesboro Branch Monday, September 11 at 1pm
Networking and Job Fairs
Meeting people in person is still one of the most effective ways to make connections toward a future career. Gain insight on how to network, both offline and online, and how to navigate a job fair and nail that first impression.
- Mullica Hill Branch Thursday, September 21 at 6:30pm
- Glassboro Branch Monday, October 9 at 6:30pm
- Greenwich Branch Wednesday, September 27 at 1:30pm
- Logan Branch Thursday, September 28 at 6:30pm
- Swedesboro Branch Tuesday, October 10 at 1pm
Registration is required for all programs. To register, visit us online at www.gcls.org/calendar or call 856-223-6033.
*Presented by instructors from the Career and Academic Planning Center of Rowan College at Gloucester County.
These programs are funded through a grant from the New Jersey Department of Labor Division of Workforce Development, administered by the Gloucester County Library System in partnership with Rowan College at Gloucester County.