GCLS offers a wide array of outdoor games, board games, puzzles, Science and STEAM learning kits, hotspots and telehealth pads for loan.
Gloucester County Library System - Library of Things Rules
- Only GCLS adult cardholders may check out items from the Library of Things.
- Patrons may borrow two (2) items at a time, for two weeks (14 days).
- Items may be renewed once if there is not a hold on the item.
- A $1.00 late fee will be charged to your account each day the item is overdue.
- GCLS patrons may request to have Library of Things items held for pick up at a GCLS branch library. Please contact the library to place a hold.
- Items must be returned in their issued cases or bags to a GCLS branch library. Borrows should review kit/games before returning to ensure all pieces, components and instructions are included.
- Items must be returned inside the building at the circulation desk and not placed in indoor or outdoor book drop containers.
- The borrower is solely responsible for the item and will be billed for reasonable repair or replacement costs associated with damage or loss of the item.
- When checking out an item in the Library of Things, the borrower is certifying that they are capable of using that item in a safe and proper manner.
- GCLS staff may be available to explain the basic operation of the item.
- The borrower agrees that if any item becomes unsafe or in a state of disrepair, they will immediately discontinue use of the item and notify GCLS staff upon return of the item.
- GCLS is not responsible for any manufacturing defects in the quality of workmanship or materials inherent in any of the items in the Library of Things.
- GCLS reserves the right to refuse any request for the borrowing of items in the Library of Things.
Safety Precautions and Recommended Age Guidelines:
- Recommended age guidelines for Library of Things materials vary. Decisions about use and supervision for children under age 18 rest with the parent or caregiver.
- Library of Things materials may contain electrical components which must be handled with care. Parents/caregivers agree to read the instruction manual and discuss safety precautions, as well as provide adult supervision if necessary when allowing children under 18 to use each borrowed item.
- Kits/games may contain moving parts. Do not touch motors, fans or other moving parts while they are running. Do not launch Snap Circuits fans, or other parts at people, animals or objects.
The "Library of Things" is only available at the GCLS Mullica Hill Library