What is JerseyCat and Interlibrary Loan?
JerseyCat is the statewide catalog and includes collections from almost all NJ public libraries as well as many schools, colleges, and universities.
It can be used if you have searched the Gloucester County Library System catalog and cannot find what you are looking for.
1. Materials that are available for loan in the library catalog will be placed on hold and will not be processed as a JerseyCat loan.
2. Materials published within the past three (3) months are not eligible for a JerseyCat loan. Please note that some libraries will not loan materials they have designated as ‘new’, which can be more than three (3) months. You may reach out to your branch library to request that we consider ordering a copy to add to the collection.
3. There is a limit of ten (10) active JerseyCat loan requests. This includes loans from the time they are requested until the time they are returned to the owning library.
4. Please wait three (3) months before requesting the same title in JerseyCat.
How do I request items for Interlibrary Loan?
Important: Please search the GCLS Library Catalog before requesting items via JerseyCat. JerseyCat should only be used to request materials that are not listed in the GCLS catalog.
To search the JerseyCat catalog:
- Use the search box to search by title, author, etc.
- Click on the item you want
- Click on the blue "Request this Item" button
- Fill in required information. Include an email for automatic updates on your request.
- Click on "Submit" to send in request
Failure to include your name, phone number, and library card barcode number on the JerseyCat ILL request form will delay processing of your request.
Who is eligible?
Anyone with a GCLS library card in good standing is eligible.
How will I be notified when my items arrive?
The library will notify you according to the preference in your library account (phone, email, mail) when your item(s) arrive.
For help with JerseyCat or to seek assistance with other interlibrary loan questions, please call the Mullica Hill Reference Department at (856) 223-6050.
Remember: Failure to include your name, phone number and library card barcode number on the JerseyCat ILL request form will delay processing of your request.