What is GCLSearch?
GCLSearch is powered by the EBSCO Discovery Service (EDS). EDS provides users with an easy, yet powerful means of accessing all of the library's resources through a single search. It is excellent for everyday users, students, and researchers alike! Get books, journals, magazines, research starters and more all in one search.
Did you know that we offer a search experience just for kids too? Check out Explora for a kid-centered search experience.
Limit and sort your results through a variety of ways:
- Limit by Content Providers such as EBSCOhost databases, external databases, and the GCLS library catalog
Limit using a variety of search limiters:
- Catalog Only: Restrict to only items in the GCLS library catalog
- Location: Select a library location to limit to only items that library owns
- Available in Library Collection: Limit your results to only records whose full text is available online or physically on the shelf in the library
GCLSearch lets you view catalog details for a result in the library's catalog in an enhanced format.
Enhanced Catalog Record information includes:
- Reviews of the title being viewed.
- Similar Books.
- Other books by the same author.
- Summaries from Literary Reference Center.
- Popularity rating.
You can use GCLSearch using the EBSCOhost iPhone or Android app, available for free. To authenticate the app, click the EBSCOhost iPhone and Android Applications link at the bottom of the EDS screen and follow the instructions.
In addition, GCLSearch can be searched on the EBSCOhost Mobile interface on your iOS (iPhone, iPod touch) or Android device.